Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My story with (Youth Observer) November



My story with (Youth Observer)
November

Youth Observer is a monthly journal that is issued by Ministry of Education in Oman. Every month, I wait for a new issue to read what students of other schools have written in the journal. I always have wanted to participate but I have not had the courage to do so. Thus, I have made my mind this year to be DIFFERENT in everything in my life. So, I have started my changing point by choosing a slogan to encourage me to do my best. My mottoes for this year are (NEVER GIVE UP) and (Be Different).


At the beginning of the year, I told my students to prepare pieces of writing, poems and paintings in order to send them to the Youth Observer. In addition, I told them that we will try all our bests to see at least one work in the next 6 months in the (YO).


The theme of that month was the (40th National Day anniversary of Oman). I sent what I had collected from my student to the (YO). Then, when the monthly issue released, I looked for our participation for four times and I did not find any! I was so disappointed but I said to myself to (NEVER GIVE UP). After that, in next day my supervisor sent a text message to congratulate me and my students for our participation in (YO).  WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE!!!!!! and WHEN!!!!!!!!


Therefore, I grabbed the (YO) for the fifth time and I looked carefully in the papers to find out that (YO) had published one of my student’s work. I flew from happiness and said to myself (1000 miles start with a step) this is my first step to 1000 mile. I hope to continue my journey of success.




The next day, I showed my student (Mansoor) the paper and let him read what he had written in (YO) to the other students. 



Then, I give him a gift to show my appreciation to him and to encourage him and others to follow his lead.




At the end, the English department supervisors did not stay bystanders. (Mariam Al Azizi, Yaqoob Al Hinai and Zakia Al Rawahi) issued for Mansoor and I certificates of thanking and appreciation and hand them to us in the morning assembly in front of our colleagues. It is really a good feeling to be appreciated.  



Adios Amigos,




No comments:

Post a Comment